Sagemcom is a leading European group on the high added-value communicating terminals market (set top boxes, internet boxes, electricity meters, etc.) that is based in France. In 2016, Group turnover totals €1.5 billion, the headcount of 4,000 employees works in more than 40 countries, of which about 30% in France, and the group has been profitable since it was created. Sagemcom designs, manufactures and ships more than 22 million terminals worldwide every year.
The employees, 50% of whom are shareholders, hold a 30% stake in the Group and the remaining 70% is owned by Charterhouse. The Group is headed by a stable management team, whose members have been present in the Group for more than 20 years and have been managing Sagemcom since it left the Safran group in 2008.
Sagemcom’s head office is in Rueil-Malmaison, in the outskirts of Paris, which is the group’s nerve center and home to its R&D operations, manned by more than 500 dedicated employees. The Sagemcom Group is investing more than €75 million in R&D in 2014.
Sagemcom’s ambition is to become a world leader in high added-value communicating terminals by addressing dynamic markets.
Creation of the Sagem Group
Sagemcom leaves the Safran Group
Charterhouse acquires a share of Sagemcom’s capital
We operate in three sectors - broadband, smart city and internet of things - through three subsidiaries: Sagemcom Broadband, Sagemcom Energy&Telecom and Sagemcom Documents.
Merger information Sagemcom SAS and Sagemcom Broadband SAS