Sagemcom is a leading European group on the high added-value communicating terminals market (set top boxes, internet boxes, electricity meters, etc.) that is headquartered in France. Group turnover totals €1.8 billion, the headcount of 4,200 employees works in more than 40 countries, of which about 30% in France, and the group has been profitable since it was created. Sagemcom designs, manufactures and ships more than 22 million terminals worldwide every year.
The Product Manager will define product specifications based on customers' requirements. In a close relationship with our Engineering Group, the PM will manage product definitions, technology roadmaps and schedule the different phases until mass production. This involves some knowledge both on hardware and software.
After launch, the PM will also be responsible for software updates, upgrades and will manage the product life cycle. He/She will be in charge of maintaining the production schedule; answering RFPs related to the product line and produce pre-sales documentation.
The PM will be in close relationships with the commercial team in charge of customers, the internal engineering teams and also the procurement department as well as our different production centers.
The job is located in Dallas within Sagemcom US subsidiary, which handles North American business (USA & Canada). This position requires about 20 to 30% traveling, mainly in the United States.
- Define Product specifications based on customers' requirements
- Work closely with the internal Engineering to ensure feasibility and schedule development work
- Close relationship with technology providers (chipsets, components…)
- Overview the pre-sales activities to assess development/customization efforts and facilitate sales.
- Involvement into RFP answers on the specific product line
- Maintain close contacts with suppliers and procurement team to ensure the right TTMs and enrich the roadmap.
- Master's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science. Master's Degree in Engineering is a plus.
- Past experience in an engineering or technical role with specific experience around product development.
- Previous technical experience in the Telecom/Broadband industry is an asset.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in the IT/telecom both on Software and Hardware solutions for telecom and/or cable operators addressing wireline and wireless applications.
- Familiarity with IP, VOIP, SIP, Ethernet, DOCSIS, xPON, DSL, WiFi, HPNA, TR069, Video and related technologies is a strong asset.
- Proficiency in Internet technologies, Broadband access, Video Service, Voice over IP, WiFi, Home Networking
- Very good written and oral English communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and eagerness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to translate customers' requirements into technical solutions.
- Excellent organization skills and autonomy to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Highly motivated with an ability to work within tight deadlines.
In accordance with data protection and freedom of information laws, we inform you that you have the right to access, rectify and delete information concerning you by postal mail Sagemcom 250 route de l'Empereur 92500 Rueil Malmaison