Sagemcom is a leading European group on the high added-value communicating terminals market (set top boxes, internet boxes, electricity meters, etc.) that is headquartered in France. Group turnover totals €1.8 billion, the headcount of 4,200 employees works in more than 40 countries, of which about 30% in France, and the group has been profitable since it was created. Sagemcom designs, manufactures and ships more than 30 million terminals worldwide every year.
In the context of Sagemcom's smart metering projects, Sagemcom is looking for her/his future Solution Architect. The successful candidate will lead the system definition and support the implementation of the full end-to-end solution within an international R&D context, as part of the R&D teams and referring to the Smart Metering Product Line & Business Line Energy Department. Our end-to-end Smart Metering solution provides Energy management services as well as smart equipment network management capabilities.
The Smart Metering Solution includes:
- A multi-technology (PLC, Cellular, LoRa, NB-IoT) compatible communication chain including end point devices and data management devices
- The Information System Software suite (Service & Applicative North bound layers to Telecom communications South bound layers)
Activities & Responsibilities description
- Analyse Customer's operational Business needs (Environment, Use cases, and Operational modes), identify the main constraints, performances and requirements, and how the system fulfil its missions, while working with R&D functional and implementation teams.
- From a solution reference framework that the candidate has contributed to establish, develop and improve Sagemcom's technical offers and solutions and guarantee the technical solution responds to the full business needs.
- Contribute to the R&D and business strategy to respond to Sagemcom's future needs in relation with our system engineering teams and ecosystem (clients, partners, contractors).
- Intervene during presales stages to support business teams (solution definition & customisation).
- Intervene during R&D projects phases to support technical teams (definition workshop, System architecture methodology training & coaching).
- Large scientific background and engineering culture (Telecommunications, network protocols, secured communications, Information and IT Systems, server and embedded Software, Hardware products design, Security) with expertise or extended knowledge in one or several of the latter fields.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in participating or leading the definition and the implementation of complex and multidisciplinary engineering systems & solutions, either as a solution architect, solution project manager, solution engineer or Business analyst, and willing to take a new challenge in their career.
- Knowledge of requirements and needs engineering, functional and non-functional analysis, architecture design, integration, verification and validation
- Experience in end-to-end system integration and architecture for projects implementing distributed systems: Information system deployed in a data center, devices with embedded software connected to Central system through various WAN wired and wireless networks
- Methodology for end-to-end solution architecture definition.
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), UML, SysML is a plus.
- System's engineering standards such as INCOSE, ISO 15288, or EIA 632 is a plus.
- Rigorous, analytical and synthetic reasoning, good abstraction capabilities, leadership, autonomy, innovation sensitive, customer driven, open minded with good soft communication skills and high capability of federating multi-disciplinary R&D teams.
- Ability to travel abroad in Europe and North Africa.
- Fluent English.
In accordance with data protection and freedom of information laws, we inform you that you have the right to access, rectify and delete information concerning you by postal mail Sagemcom 250 route de l'Empereur 92500 Rueil Malmaison