Thanks to its experience in the telecommunications sector, Sagemcom can call on its know-how to develop metering solutions that facilitate the operations of gas grids.
Sagemcom collaborates with its customers in the public and private sectors to supply and operate metering, energy infrastructure and smart grid solutions.
Today, communication technologies form an integral part of gas metering and they have enabled smart meters to become a reality. The goal consists of facilitating remote meter readings.
The range on offer from Sagemcom is based on open communication standards, the latest security protocols and the latest technologies.
From the private end user’s perspective, smart meters offer :
- Access to detailed data to manage their energy consumption
- More accurate and faster billing
- The possibility to be informed quickly in the event of predefined alerts (failures, overconsumption, etc.)
For energy management utilities, smart metering offers:
- Automated and more frequent remote meter readings
- Optimised billing operations in the back office
- Consideration of the environment (temperature, pressure, composition of the gas, etc.)
- Additional remote services (disconnecting valves, the fight against fraud)
- Alert management (misuse, fraud, low batteries, failures, etc.).
From mechanical meters to the Sagemcom smart ultrasonic meter